St. Vladimir Cathedral

St. Vladimir Cathedral

Constructed in 1862-82. In 1896, after completion of decoration works, the church was consecrated in the presence of Tsar Nicholas II. The height of the main dome is 49 m. crowned by seven cupolas temple and particularly colorful interior.

Of particular artistic value are the internal wall paintings made under supervision of A.Prachov. The temple was painted by V.Vasnetsov, M.Nesterov et al.

Now this classic specimen of the Rus-Byzantine style is the main church of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kiev Patriarchate.

 

Address: Blvd. Shevchenko, 20, Kiev. "University" subway station. The Cathedral is located on the opposite side of the boulevard.