St. Andrew’s Cathedral

St. Andrew’s Cathedral

The St. Andrew’s church (Cathedral) definitely is one of the major tourist attraction. The church is designed by famous architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1747–1754. The cathedral is located atop the steep hill of the Upper Town and overlooks the historical quarter - Podil.

The temple rests on a two-strayed stylobate with eight rooms on each floor. The stylobate's walls serve as the basement of the church. The church is 60 m. high. The temple is surrounded with a terrace offering a nice view. According to a legend, somewhere in that place Apostle Andrew elevated a cross and predicted the emergence of a great Christian city.

Near the cathedral is the citadel - the first fortress of Kiev princes.

Near, also located: Church of the Tithes, Landscape Alley, Bulgakov Museum and other attractions.

 

St. Andrew’s cathedral

Open: 10:00 - 18:00

Address: 23 Andrew's descent (street), Kiev.

 

St. Andrew’s Cathedral

old Andrew's descent

old town map