Present name was attached to it in the Soviet times, thanks to its proximity to the Mariinsky Park.
Near the Mariinsky Palace are an observation deck - one of the most visited places.
In the 1870s, the Empress Maria Aleksandrovna, wife of Aleksander II, allocated funds for establishment of a park to replace a parade-ground used for military drills.
The park was called Mariinskiy in her honor (Maria Park).
The area of Landscape park is 8,9 ha.
Tsar Garden/Imperial Garden
Area - 11,7 ha. Originated from a garden established by the order by Empress Elizabeth in 1748. The oldest building in the park is Mariinskiy Palace.
Dynamo stadium is also situated there. During the construction of the stadium was gone one of the most beautiful sights of Tsar Garden - Valley of the Roses.
In good weather, free concerts are given on the summer scene.
Valley of Roses
Non-existent interest in Kiev, which was located on the site of the "Dynamo" stadium and represented the Valley of the Roses.
Area - 11,8 ha. Used to be a part of the old Tsar Garden (18th cent.), since 1882 - a separate entity. The sights of Khreschatyi Park include the Museum of Water, The Kiev State Academic Theater of Papet and the Monument in Honor of Unification of Ukraine and Russia.
The name of the main street of Kiev - Khreschatyk comes from the name of this park.
How to get to the Mariinsky Palace and Park:
On the subway you can reach to the Arsenalna metro station, turn right and walk one block.
Reach by public transport:
Park do not locked at the night.
Address: 5a, Grushevskogo Mykhaila Str.