The construction was crowned by the Holy Blessed Virgin Annunciation Church with gilded dome and crest. The height of the public road was 12 m., the width - 6,4 m. After Batu's invasion (1240), the Golden Gate had fallen into decay. Nevertheless, the gate continued as the entrance to the town for about five centuries more. In 1750, the grand ruins were partially covered with soil, and the uncovered part was demolished. In the 1830s, the remains of the gate were cleaned from soil and arranged for observation. In 1982, for the celebration of Kiev's 1500th anniversary, they were rebuilt in the presumed original form and made a museum. The ancient ruins are now within the reconstruction of the old gates and may bee seen by visitors. Directly adjacent to the gate, there is monument to Yaroslav, the Wise.
Located near Golden Gate Metro station.
Address: 40a Vladimirskaya str., Kiev.