The Feofania (Theophany) park has a lakes, slopes and hills, beautiful landscape avenues, temple of St. Panteleimon the Healer - St. Panteleimon Cathedral and Convent, the healing water sources - Panteleimon's and "Tears of the Virgin."
On the territory in which is located the Feofania park,
first mentioned in chronicles from 1471, and this territory
was called - Lazarevschina.
According to legend, is named after the monk Lazarus beekeeper.
In the XVI century, this territory (Lazarevschina) was handed over to the Caves Monastery (Kiev-Pechersk Lavra), and later taken over by the Metropolitan of Kiev (Peter Mogila and Sylvester Kosov).
Later, Sylvester Kosov presented Lazarevschina Park to Kiev officer A. Shirhovsky, who later, in the XVIII century passed into the possession of the St. Sophia monastery.
Since 1861 begins the gradual development and arrangement
of Feofania, built four churches: wooden church of the
Miracle of the Archangel Michael, Church of All Saints, the
stone church of the Mother of God Icon of Vladimir city, and
the St. Panteleimon Cathedral. Officially, the park Feofania
handed over to the St.
By the early 20th century, Feofania remained three temple.
During from 1905 to 1912 in Feofania Park was built St. Panteleimon church, which was later the Bolsheviks destroyed.
Reconstructed St. Panteleimon church - is a monument of architecture and stands majestically over the territory of the modern park.
The special status of the park was granted in 1972. And in 1992 state protected economy Feofania belonging to the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, was a monument of landscape art of national importance.
Since 1993, became Feofania skete Pokrovsky Convent, and
consecrated bishop Panteleimon cathedral rank in 1998.
Since 2002, the Annunciation Church in the Feofania park gained independence.
In 2003 the Feofania Park reconstruction work carried out during which the park has become a full seating area for residents and tourists who come to Kiev to visit the sites and holy places of ancient Russia. In the park there were fountains, carried sewage, produced a general improvement of the park area and a group of reservoirs.
On the territory of Feofania Park located: St. Panteleimon Monastery, Institute of Theoretical Physics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Government Hospital "Feofania" / Theophany.
The park entrance fee - 1 ˆ.
Hours from 8:00 to 23:00 daily.
Official website: www. feofaniya. kiev. ua
Phone / fax in Kiev: 5261981
Address: 32, Academic Lebedev Str.
(The park is located across the street from Pirogovo museum, so you can reach on foot)
How to reach the Feofania:
From metro station "Exhibition Center" on a 11 trolley.
How to get to the park:
From the metro station "Universitet" on the 548 shuttle bus.